4.28.2009

turning myself into a call girl

i am now counting the days that i stay at my present job. my resignation will be effective this may 18. i had made up my mind and been thinking this major twist in my life for a hundredth time already, i am going to shift gear as a call center agent. as to what i always fondly coined it as being a "call girl".

i know most people find this job so good because you are always paid high. the first person i told about this is my mom. mama was at first hesitant to agree with me, but was able to convince her with my decision. then my father, who most of the time stayed away from my decisions only said to think it over and over again. yes, i am paid right at my current job, but the fact that i don't want to spend the rest of my life in front of a cash register machine. and yes, i was so fortunate that after being able to do my on the job training there, i was absorbed. but the super idealistic side of me takes over and still screaming that i can do so much better than this. that there is still so many things to explore and to achieve. and i realized that, i am not satisfied with what i have, i am just too scared to get out of my comfort zone.

my brother, whose also a call boy, told me to start applying. i was planning to start at convergy's or sykes'. but my bro said that it'll be better if i start applying in smaller companies, because as what he always says to me, "it's a very different world out there". so, i decided to apply at wipro next tuesday. it would be an understatement if i'm going to say i'm fine, because i'm not. i'm just so nervous at the same time so excited for what might lie ahead of me.

i know its my health that's actually at stake with this kind of job, but i wanted to try it. who knows, it might be the right place for me.

i am good both in writing and speaking. but when it comes to my speaking ability, darn i need practice. all i hope right now is that i'll be employed. and i have this feeling i'll get in. i hope i'm right.

wish me luck guys!!!




4 comments:

  1. ok ra jud na krisler. it takes getting used to-- there will be a lot of sick days, but then yeah, if you're after high pay then that should be okay. i've been a DJ for 3 years now with stints in call centers in between--have no plans to go back though, for health reasons ra pud. i value my evening sleep. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi krisler... goodluck for the job hunting... and congrats for finally knowing what you want.

    i read your profile and what caught my attention was "i love creating graphics"... do you know how to make a logo out of anything?

    there is an on-going contest for PEBA. oh, that's about our blog world. if your interested to share your talent, don't hesitate to join. it will alaways be the PRIDE not the PRIZE.

    just visit... http://pinoyexpatsblogawards.com/

    ingat jan krisler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck sa job hunting! isa lang ma-advice ko - BE CONFIDENT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck... i'm sure you'll enjoy working there... 1) job's tolerable 2) you work with people your age 3) the pay is okay...

    just have to get used with the schedule, if you'll be working for a US account.

    ReplyDelete

your words would always spice up my life =)