4.02.2009

got the summer feelin' already?

been blog surfing the past few hours. was amazed on how vast people are posting about summer. i remember my summer used to be the boring time of the year. mama was as strict as a military officer leaving me behind bars. i always wanted to experienced what it was to hang out with friends during summer, but naayy i never experienced that. i am as useless as wet tissue during the season.

but this year is different. i recently got my degree in college and was release in mama's prison cell. at last i'm free as stray dog. it doesn't mean that mama no longer care for me but as what she always says everytime she calls me, "i trust you and don't make anything stupid. take good care of yourself". oh my good mama, still got her nerves monitoring on me. i know why she did that, not only because she loves me but she knows how careless i am in taking good care of myself. but still i'm happy.

yeah, i'm broke but i'm happy. a line from alanis morissette's ironic song. that fits me so right now. i am not as totally broke as in i don't have anything to feed on the living creatures inside my tummy. i have money but it's already intended to paying bills and buying ticket for myself. i need to control in spending it coz' i don't want swimming my lungs out going back to cebu.

being born to belong in the middle class part of the society, having summer getaways is not that expensive compared on the blogs i read <here>. all it takes is some good conversation amongst my friends, though we didn't ended up at the best beach section in bohol, at least we had great fun. i had a fun (although i ended up alone with no one to cuddle). as what my aunt used to say, "don't wait to get rich just to enjoy what the rich is enjoying". that is always been my principle in life. so here i am, a sucker of beautiful things out of ordinary instances.










2 comments:

  1. WELCOME TO BLOGOSPHERE! Yup, exciting escapades are waiting for us to discover and enjoy this Summer 2009! Just don't forget to bring your sunblock with you!

    ReplyDelete

your words would always spice up my life =)